Deadline: 13 June 2012
The Society of Women Writers NSW Inc. was established in 1925 and incorporated in 1987 and is the longest-standing literary society in Australia. The Society aims to enable women writers in all genres to meet and network, and to benefit from regular seminars and workshops. In addition to monthly workshops and luncheon meetings, the Society administers a number of Awards and Competitions. The 2012 Members’ Poetry and Short Story Competitions are now open.
First Prize $250.00 Second Prize $150 Third Prize $100
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Entries must be unpublished, in English, the original work of the entrant and must not have received an award in any competition, nor be concurrently entered in any other competition.
2. Maximum of 40 lines, typed on one side A4 paper.
3. Only Pen Name should appear on the manuscript.
4. An entry fee of $10.00 per poem is payable for each entry. Make cheques out to Society of Women Writers NSW Inc. and not SWW.
5. Entrants must be financial members of the Society of Women Writers NSW Inc.
6. Entries consisting of the poem manuscript, payment and entry form must be in the hands of Mrs. Heather Bird, 4a Royal Street, Chatswood, 2067 (Ph 9419 3070) by the closing date: Wednesday 13th June 2012. Postmark date is acceptable.
7. The Judge’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. No entries will be returned.
RESULTS ANNOUNCED: Wednesday, 12 September 2012 12.30pm at the Society’s luncheon meeting at the Dixson Room, Mitchell Wing, State Library of NSW. Results will be posted on our website.
For queries: email@example.com or call 9419 3070
For submissions: Mrs. Heather Bird, 4a Royal Street, Chatswood, 2067