The 2012 Elyne Mitchell Rural Women’s Writing Award is offering prize money of $2000 across three categories for writing a story of up to 2500 words on the theme of ‘Leaping Into The Future’.
CATEGORIES FOR 2012 ARE:
- Emerging (women aged 12 yrs to 18 yrs): 1st prize $500
- Local (Residents of Towong or Tumbarumba Shires only): 1st prize $500
- Open (women aged over 18 yrs): 1st prize $1000
All Shortlisted authors receive a bookpack from Harper Collins Publishers Australia
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These are the Terms & Conditions for the 2012 Elyne Mitchell Rural Women’s Writing Award:
- All entries must have a specific reference to an Australian rural experience. Entries may be fiction or non-fiction. The theme for 2012 is ‘Leaping Into The Future’.
- Entries must not exceed 2,500 words
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person, however every entry attracts a non-refundable fee of $10.
- Entries must be unpublished, the entrants original work, and in English.
- Each entry form must be signed and dated by the author.
- Each entry must be typed, double-line spaced and on A4 size paper. Email entries should be in pdf format. Three copies of the manuscript must be provided for each entry sent by mail.
- The author’s name must not appear on any page within the story itself.
- The front page of the story should contain the title that matches the title on the Entry form, and include the Word Count, but not the author’s name.
- Once an entry is submitted, the manuscript is final. The entry may not be withdrawn nor any alterations made.
- Authors are advised to keep a copy of their entry, all entries will be acknowledged.
- No responsibility will be taken for entries and entries will not be returned.
- Late entries and/or those in breach of the entry conditions will be excluded.
A shortlist of ten (10) entries in each Category will be decided by the Judges. Short listed authors will be notified by email, mail or telephone. Each author whose entry is short listed will be invited to attend an Award Announcement and Presentation Ceremony on World Rural Women’s Day 13th October 2012 in Corryong.
Download the entry form here.
For inquiries: email@example.com
For submissions: send entries to The Elyne Mitchell Award, PO Box 267, Corryong, Vic 3707 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org