Attention all women who love to write and are interested in being published either for the first time or again. The success of Volumes I and II of "An Eclectic Collage" presented us with an interesting dilemna: what should be the theme of the next EC volume? We asked for ideas and narrowed the choices down to two very intriguing albeit different ideas: death and animals. The first subject is rarely discussed while many books have been written about the second topic. Yet the animal stories were some of the most popular in EC II: Relationships of Life. So rather than choosing one over the other, we're going to publish BOTH topics in TWO different books. Both books will definitely be in e-book form while at least one of them will start out in print.
ELIGIBILITY AND DEADLINES
- Members of the Pixie Chicks' Writers Group and other women writers are eligible to submit work(s) for this book.
- The deadline for submissions is July 1, 2012.
- All submissions are subject to approval with writers being informed by August 1, 2012 if their work(s) will be included in the book.
- The book will be released in print and/or electronic format by October 15, 2012.
- Freundship Press is NOT a vanity or co-publisher. Writers do NOT pay to be included in a Freundship Press publishing project.
- Poetry, life essays, and short stories related to the topic of death
- Poetry, life essays, and short stories related to the topic of for the love of animals
- Works are to be submitted in Word format as an attachment to email@example.com using the following requirements:
- Margins are to be one inch on the top, bottom, left and right.
- Font is to be Times New Roman type and font size 10 point.
- Document is to be double-spaced with the exception of poetry which should be spaced as desired to look in the book.
- At the top of the first page of the document, include author's name, contact information and word count of the submission. Maximum number of words per submission is 5,000.
- Each page is to have a page number header in the top right corner which also includes the title of the submission and the author's name.
- Documents are to be edited PRIOR to submission as caliber of writing and editing are criteria for determining inclusion in the book.
- Indicate in the Subject line of the e-mail for which book the piece is for AND the title of the submission.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent indicating the submission has been received. The confirmation e-mail does NOT guarantee acceptance into the book.
- Each author will grant one-time print and one-time electronic rights to Freundship Press for each work included in the book.
- Each author will sign a release indicating work(s) are her original work and releases Freundship Press from any/all liability if in fact the work is partially or wholly plagiarized.
- Freundship Press will provide each author with her own templated author page on the Freundship Press website (www.freundshippress.com).
- All authors and Freundship Press are responsible for marketing the book and driving traffic to the websites where the book is marketed and sold.
For inquiries: contact Jane Freund at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 407-7457
For submissions: email@example.com