Professional women writers: share your craft with an aspiring teen writer! Be a volunteer writing mentor for a high school girl.
GIRLS WRITE NOW needs you! We are a community of women writers--educators, editors, poets, novelists, playwrights, journalists, publishers, and more--on a mission. Since 1998, we have provided guidance, support, and opportunities for the next generation of women writers in New York City. With mentors like YOU by their sides, high school girls develop their creative independent voices, explore careers in professional writing, and learn how to make healthy choices in school, career, and life.
Check out this short video to get a taste of who we are and what we do.
Join us for our 2012-2013 season!
GIRLS WRITE NOW IS SEEKING PASSIONATE WRITERS, TEACHERS & LEADERS WHO ARE:
- Equipped with at least two years of professional writing experience.
- Dedicated to guiding the artistic, academic, and professional aspirations of young women.
- Eager to contribute their unique skills to the Girls Write Now community.
- Ready to commit to weekly one-to-one mentoring sessions, monthly writing workshops, special events, and participation on one program planning committee from September 2012 to June 2013.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Download and complete the Girls Write Now Mentor Application at www.girlswritenow.org/gwn/join/mentors.
- Email: 1) the Girls Write Now Mentor Application; 2) your resume; and 3) two writing samples (max. 8 pages total) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2012. (Writing samples can be any genre; they do not need to be published creative writing.) Early applications are strongly encouraged.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to an individual, in-person interview.
For queries: e-mail Heather at email@example.com
For submissions: via the mentor application form