At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with a variety of talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. At our Seattle Headquarters, we work in partnership with other areas of the company to support our frontline salespeople and customers. When you join Nordstrom, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal proofreader/editor is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
- Support the business by proofing copy for spelling, grammar, consistency and appropriate content as defined by the Nordstrom brand voice and style guide
- Contribute to and help maintain appropriate Nordstrom style guide
- Work closely with copywriters, Creative and Operational counterparts to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Fact-check for legal and style issues
- Prioritize and manage workload in order to meet deadlines
- Stay current on the fashion industry, retail, social and technology trends and Nordstrom creative initiatives
- Collaborate with proofreading peers to ensure open communication and consistency across channels
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or related area of expertise
- Minimum 2 years of professional copyediting and proofreading experience
- Experience in retail and/or fashion industry a plus
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and general editorial references
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
For queries/ submissions: apply via Nordstrom's career site here (search for job number 078374)