At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with a variety of talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. At our Seattle Headquarters, we work in partnership with other areas of the Company to support our frontline salespeople and customers. When you join Nordstrom, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal Fashion Editor will provide direction to merchants for compelling product selection for marketing, and liaise with writers and art directors to ensure fashion messaging has a seasonal point of view that expresses the Nordstrom brand.
- Partner with trend forecasting to gain visibility and insight to upcoming seasonal trends; build a collaborative interaction to determine trend positioning that leads to the development of the company’s editorial calendar.
- Collaborate in the conception, development and consistency of fashion, cultural and lifestyle stories that establish a seasonal point of view expressed across all channels.
- Proactively foster relationships with merchant and marketing partners. Gain a full understanding of their business and establish alignment of their seasonal marketing strategies to the timing of fashion stories.
- Build plans and foster organizational processes inclusive of all channels, from concept through execution, that align messaging and build brand expression
- Prepare and deliver marketing tools for buying teams. Work closely with merchants to ensure their focused understanding of key items, trend and editorial stories.
- Lead the merchant team in the selection of compelling product with an editorial focus.
- Initiate post market style out for product review to ensure strength of planned stories and/or development of new story opportunities.
- Edit and curate editorial pages by working closely with merchants on procurement of product to support the story.
- Liaise with writers and art directors on the development of stories from concept through execution; ensure fashion messaging is relevant and inspiring.
- Liaise with stylists on viable styling ideas that bring seasonal stories to life.
- Produce a style report post runway on the styling nuances of the season that informs Nordstrom signature styling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications/Journalism or equivalent experience
- Degree in Fashion Design/Merchandising or equivalent experience
- 6+ years editorial experience at a fashion magazine
- Proven track record styling editorial stories and/or fashion campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to transition seasonal trends and runway looks to commercially viable and critically timed stories for coverage
- Strong understanding of retail merchandising
- Candidate must have a great “eye” and solid background identifying trends and sourcing product
- Accomplished communication skills; written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work with and coordinate cross functional teams (marketing, merchant, creative for print and digital)
- Ability to prioritize and deliver under tight timelines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Suite
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
For queries/ submissions: apply via Nordstrom's career site here (search for job number 077809)