The Huffington Post is hiring a Community Editor to grow engagement on-site and on the social networks of our Women and Parents verticals. We are looking for experienced community builders eager to take the lead on the engagement growth of these two sections, to build excitement and handle day-to-day growth on the Huffington Post and on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and other social networks as appropriate. The ideal candidate will be someone who is driven to try new things, push the boundaries and get internal and external stakeholders excited and motivated about community and engagement.
The Huffington Post is the world's largest online newspaper and has one of the most engaged and active communities on the Internet with millions of fans and followers on social networks and approximately 6 million comments on site every month. We believe in social and community at our core and look to constantly innovate and lead in both strategy and tools. Our platform is one of the best in the industry, allowing our Community Managers to thrive creatively with the tools at hand and innovate when necessary.
- Work closely with the Lifestyle editorial teams, attending editorial briefings and strategy sessions, and work with them to build content designed to create passion and grow the community on and off the website.
- Get your hands dirty every day writing content, getting to know the communities on each platform and being the face of your vertical and community.
- Keep editors and writers up to date on the best voice, platforms and tools on-site and on social media. - Work with the moderation team and social team to identify the best community members across social media platforms and the site.
- Measure, analyze, measure some more, and report.
- At least 2-3 years demonstrated experience growing owned and external communities.
- Solid writing and editorial skills.
- Knowledge of the Womens and Parenting digital space.
- Ability to identify opportunities, mobilize resources and support, and get it done.
- A demonstrated ability to grow and engage true communities.
- A proven ability to innovate and stay ahead of the competition.
- A genuine love for what you do and the communities you are engaging.
AOL, including The Huffington Post, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
For submissions: apply here