The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential.
• We provide a rigorous, integrated college preparatory curriculum that fosters critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
• We create and sustain a collaborative teaching and learning environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best.
• We help girls to become leaders and life-long learners, strengthening their capacity to contribute positively to their communities.
• We strengthen girls' voices in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
• We embrace possibility, promote challenge-seeking and support risk-taking.
• We encourage girls to develop meaningful relationships with peers and faculty rooted in honesty, respect and responsibility.
• We graduate courageous, committed and ethical young women who take responsibility for their own physical, financial and emotional well-being.
We are currently seeking a full-time Communications Associate who will take responsibility for marketing and communication initiatives, ensure all publications and messages are aligned with the School's Mission, and coordinate all communications among internal constituents -- parents, students, faculty, and staff -- to ensure accurate and timely correspondence. The Communications Associate will manage all internal school messaging (email/news blasts, various eNewsletters, website content, social media posts, calendar information, etc.), compile, organize, and write original copy, proofread and edit copy for publications and correspondence (internal and external), design various in-house publications, and manage print production with external print houses. The ideal candidate will have experience with social media and search engines to oversee social media initiatives and content (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In) and manage online student content. The position entails taking pictures at on-campus activities as needed and assisting with occasional school events (some evening events required). The Communications Associate must perform outstanding customer service at all times.
We seek a self-confident, enthusiastic, and collaborative professional to join the team in our Communications Department. The ideal candidate for this key position has superior interpersonal skills, excellent organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills, the ability to set priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, an extreme attention to detail and accuracy, flexibility and a good sense of humor and enthusiasm for a high energy work environment. The Communications Associate must be proficient in desktop publishing and design and have comprehensive knowledge of applicable software (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite -- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; WhippleHill Podium; Publisher, etc.). Familiarity with data base management and data entry is a plus (Blackbaud preferred). She or he must be able to analyze problems and devise appropriate solutions, work within tight deadlines, and exercise good judgment. Previous experience in a school or non-profit setting is a plus.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org