Deadline: 19 May 2012
Seeking autobiographical short narratives from mothers and daughters for a new anthology about forgiveness.
1. Shoud be your own personal story of forgiveness about something that involves you and your mother or daughter.
2. Story should be conveyed to make the reader feel intense emotions from joy to sadness. Don't leave out the details and how the situation made you feel.
3. Story should begin with action; it should include a problem, issue or situation. It should include dialouge and the character should be expressive.
4. Story should end with a result, such as a lesson learned, a positive outlook or payoff.
Entries should be single spaced and typed. Please include your name, e-mail, home address and phone number on the cover page and your first and last name should be in the footer of each page, along with a page number.
1. Please make all inquiries to email@example.com.
2. Stories should be non-fiction and no longer than 1200 words.
3. No anonymous, author unknown or "as told to" submissions, please.
4. Please submit stories that have not been previously published. The only exception to this is if your work has only been published in a small local publication with limited circulation.
5. If story is used in the anthology, writers will receive a free copy of the book.
6. All submissions should be mailed to the address below. No e-mail submissions will be accepted. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like to have your manuscript returned to you. All submissions without a self-addressed, stamped envelope will be discarded.
Entry Deadline: All submissions should be postmarked by Saturday, May 19, 2012.. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline.
The Power of Forgiveness
P.O. Box 201651
Shaker Heights, OH 44120
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: The Power of Forgiveness, P.O. Box 201651, Shaker Heights, OH 44120