Deadline: 31 July 2012
Entries now open in this annual competition.
PROSE: Up to 1500 words
AGE: Over 18 years of age
PRIZES: 1st $250.00 + certificate, 2nd $100.00 + certificate, 3rd $50.00 + certificate. Two Encouragement Awards
ENTRY FEE: Entry fee $5.00 for one $9.00 for two
Entries not abiding by the following guidelines will be disqualified:
1. Entrants must be residents of Australia.
2. All entries must be accompanied by an official, signed entry form (photocopies acceptable.) Do not attach the entry form to your work. [See point 7, below.]
3. Multiple entries are allowed, in which case one cheque or money order is acceptable to cover all entries. Cheques or money orders are to be made payable to Society of Women Writers Qld, Inc.
4. Manuscripts must be unpublished, not on offer for publication before announcement of the Awards, and not have been recognised in any other competition.
5. All work must be typed, double spaced, using size 12 font on one side of A4 paper and must not exceed 1500 words.
6. Manuscripts will not be returned but responsibly destroyed. Entrants should keep a copy of their work.Copyright remains with the author.
7. The real name of the entrant must not appear on the manuscript. A pen name MUST be used (a different one for each entry). A sheet of plain paper, with the following details, should be securely attached to your work: TITLE OF ENTRY PEN NAME USED NUMBER OF WORDS
8. All entries must be post marked by the due date. Late entries will not be considered. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Details of results and presentation of prizes will be announced on the Society of Women Writers, Qld website http://www.womenwritersqld.net/
9. Winners will be notified by email. If you wish to receive a judge’s report please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
10. Society of Women Writers Qld, Inc, reserves the right to publish without payment the Winning, Second place,Third place, Highly Commended and Commended entries in its e-Magazine.
For inquiries and to request for entry form: contact (07) 3893 4150 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: send entries to The Receiving Officer, Society of Women Writers Qld Inc, P O Box 883, Indooroopilly QLD 4068