Deadline: 15 April 2012
Welcome to the fourth year of Northwoods Woman Short Fiction Contest! We look for well-written short stories that would appeal to women ages 35-65. Here are the rules:
1. 1500 words or less
2. Open to any legal resident of Minnesota.
3. Must be original, previously unpublished work.
4. Northwoods Woman buys regional print and electronic rights for one year.
5. Email double-spaced story in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place name, address, phone number and email address along with the story title and word count on the cover page. Your personal information should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
6. One winner will receive a $200 prize and publication in July-August 2012 issue of Northwoods Woman. Winner must submit one-page bio and photo of self. Northwoods Woman reserves the right to withhold award if no qualified work is submitted.
7. Deadline is April 15, 2012.
For inquiries: email@example.com
For submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org