Starting today we are accepting submissions of short stories (25,000 words or less) for inclusion into the Madalynn Alexander Presents ePub lines. The best of those published works will be included in our quarterly anthology, titled "Madalynn Alexander Presents: Winter Volume 1", which will be published in late 2012. Authors will be paid royalties and retain rights to their works.
No submission deadline. We will only be publishing ten stories per week -- so get your submissions in early! NOTE: Multiple submissions from the same author are perfectly acceptable.
MADALYNN ALEXANDER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
These guidelines outline the steps you need to follow to submit to Madalynn Alexander Books. If your proposal is approved, we'll contact you with more specific instructions regarding your submission. By submitting any material to Madalynn Alexander, you acknowledge and agree to adhere to these Submission Guidelines, including the Terms and Conditions at the end of this document. Please read them carefully.
WHAT MADALYNN ALEXANDER IS LOOKING FOR
Madalynn Alexander is currently soliciting content in the categories listed below in the erotica, fantasy, mystery, romance, or science fiction genres:
• Short Stories that can be read in one sitting (25,000 words or less).
• Madalynn Alexander will only accept work that has not been published.
Please always include the following information with your submission:
1. Your full (legal) name. Indicate if you wish to use a penname.
2. Your postal mailing address.
3. Your contact email address and phone number.
4. The total word count for your submission.
RIGHTS & LICENSING
In the event we accept your manuscript, you must agree to assigning non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide first publication and derivative rights for the work to Madalynn Alexander, LLC. Once your contract is signed, Madalynn Alexander will have the non-exclusive rights to publish your work and to further develop derivative works as we see fit. The author will retain ownership and the original rights to the work. The contract, and all applicable forms, will be sent out shortly after an article has been accepted. The author will receive the contract by email, and you'll be asked to sign a hard copy and return it to us, along with any additional forms. If you're under 18, a parent or guardian must sign or co-sign your contracts.
PAYMENTS & ROYALTIES
Madalynn Alexander does not pay any upfront fee for accepted content intended for publication. In the event Madalynn Alexander accepts your manuscript, Payment and Royalty information will be provided in your contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In submitting any materials to Madalynn Alexander by sending them to Madalynn Alexander through its submissions e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org, the submitter (hereinafter "Author") agrees to the following terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, submission of any and all materials ("Work") is considered acknowledgment of this agreement.
1. Author Warranties: Author warrants that he has clear title to the Work. Author warrants further that the Work is original and does not infringe upon any copyrighted material other than that published by Madalynn Alexander.
2. No Obligation: Author acknowledges that is under no obligation to acquire the Work.
3. Risk of Loss or Damage: Author agrees to retain a complete copy of all Works. Madalynn Alexander will not return any Work to Author, and Madalynn Alexander is not responsible for the loss of or damage to original manuscripts or revisions of it supplied by Author.
4. Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be deemed to be entered into and governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina and the United States of America applicable to contract made and performed entirely therein and constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties regarding the Work. This Agreement shall take effect upon the date of submission. No waiver by one party to this Agreement of any breach by the other party of any term or condition of this Agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other breach of the same or any other term or condition of this or any other agreement. If any term or condition of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or void, that term or condition shall be deemed to be stricken without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Except as otherwise provided in the Agreement, any subsequent modification or termination of this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the successors and assigns of the respective parties.
For inquiries/ submissions: new short stories should be sent to email@example.com