13 March 2011

Caribbean Women Writers: Call for Romance-Themed Writing

Post date: 13 March 2011
Deadline: 15 June 2011

For this second series, I'd also like to include unpublished work by budding Caribbean women writers. And to that end, I'm issuing a call for short stories with themes about love and relationships, love poems, and pieces of er0tica, of any length.

Please send your entries to signifyinguyana[at]gmail.com with "Caribbean Women Writers: Romance" in the subject area. I will be accepting entries until June 15, 2011, and at this point my aim is to use all of your submissions in the series, but I do reserve the right to reject any entry I deem unsuitable. If I choose to use your work, I'll contact you for further information on how you'd like to be featured alongside your writing--feature options include, photos, interviews, and/or brief or extended bios.

If you're not interested in submitting unpublished work , you can still contribute to the series by suggesting published titles, and by spreading the word to any Caribbean woman you think may be interested in submitting work. The series is scheduled to begin in July, 2011.

More information here.
This blog is no longer updated. Please instead visit Writers For Diversity for new opportunities for women/ LGBT writers and writers of color. Thank you.