The Harlequin Nonfiction department has recently expanded and is seeking an Editor to join its editorial team. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a qualified editor to contribute to a growing program.
Harlequin Nonfiction publishes across a diverse list of categories including health, wellness, cooking, memoir, popular culture, parenting and self-help, as well as companion books to bestselling fiction series by Harlequin authors.
A Toronto-based company, Harlequin publishes over 110 titles a month in 31 languages in 111 international markets on six continents. These books are written by over 1,200 talented authors worldwide, offering women a broad range of reading from romance to bestseller fiction, from young adult novels to erotic literature, from nonfiction to fantasy, from African-American novels to inspirational romance, and more.
• Performing all editorial functions including reading and evaluating proposals, providing revisions to authors and line editing.
• Working closely with marketing and art departments to ensure key selling features are reflected in the positioning and packaging of all titles.
• Managing and developing author base to ensure correct editorial fit and to elicit the highest quality of writing. Maintaining positive relationships with agents.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Undergraduate Degree
• 4+ years of experience in publishing
• Specific experience acquiring and editing prescriptive and narrative nonfiction titles
• Strong agent contacts
• Ability to effectively analyze and shape projects for the marketplace
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
LOCATION: New York, New York (Near City Hall)
Email your cover letter, updated résumé and salary requirements to NYResumes@Harlequin.ca. In the subject line note "Editor - Nonfiction".
For queries/ submissions: NYResumes@Harlequin.ca