We are a non-profit targeting college age and professional women in science. We are seeking a web editor who will be responsible for overall strategic management of website to guide site direction and implement content development plan, to achieve overall organization goals, complement offline activities, and engage and grow user base. We are seeking an organized, strategic-thinking individual who will bring a freshness of ideas and enthusiasm to the job.
• Build and manage editorial calendar based upon strategic criteria
• Write articles and blog for the website
• Recruit and manage interns, bloggers, who will conduct research and submit content
• Solicit stories and content from expert sources and develop strategic partnerships
• Edit and approve all content written by interns and invited writers
• Respond to email pertaining to content that may come from users to web editor
• Incorporate social media strategy into overall approach. Work with team to promote site through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and through off-line events
Must have online management, writing, and editing experience. Previous staff supervisory experience is required. Familiarity with researching and sizing images (Photoshop experience a plus), and prior experience working with content management systems. Please send resume and writing sample.
Location: United States
Telecommuting is ok.
For inquiries/ submissions: email@example.com