At Meredith, our employees are our most important resource. We expect integrity, creativity, courage, initiative, teamwork, respect and individual judgment. We favor an entrepreneurial style, and we value and reward excellent achievement.
SENIOR LIFESTYLE EDITOR - EVERY DAY WITH RACHAEL RAY
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Lifestyle Editor plans, produces, assigns and edits lifestyle content and features, which includes travel, entertaining, beauty and home. This position oversees the creation of story lineups, approves writing assignments, and top edits junior members of the department. In addition, this position:
· Conceptualize special sections, bonus issues, and Web-print initiatives as needed. Oversees special edit projects and packages.
· Leads brainstorming sessions.
· Writes display copy and coverlines.
· Attend photo shoots and art meetings.
· Speaks for and demonstrates projects and ideas from the magazine to other media.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- 50% - Assign, edit and pitch lifestyle features.
- 20% - Line and top edit lifestyle columns.
- 10% - Write and edit display copy and coverlines.
- 10% - Make media appearances.
Minimum Qualifications (all must be met to be considered):
Education: Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 6-8 years magazine and/or online editing experience including experience at senior level assigning stories and managing other editors.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to translate those to others.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience working in lifestyle topics (such as travel, entertaining, beauty, fashion, well-being, health).
- Demonstrated creativity in story concepting and development, including strong visual skills.
For submissions: apply via Meredith's career site here