THE FASHION NEWS EDITOR’S DAILY TASKS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Create 10 to 15 posts daily with varied content about fashion, pop culture, beauty, and shopping
- Identifying appropriate freelancers (as needed) to contribute to the blog. These individuals should enhance the diversity of the blog, but also understand the ELLE voice
- Evaluating blog pitches for value to ELLE.com
- Editing blog copy submitted by freelancers or internal editors
- Sourcing, sizing and modifying photos as needed using Photoshop
- Leading social efforts in support of posts
- Creation of sponsored posts that meet advertiser needs
- Attending market appointments, events, parties and dinners to cover in the blog
- Tracking blog post performance and modifying content mix based on this data
The Fashion News Editor will be expected to participate in idea generation for ELLE.com original digital features and may be asked to create stories for other areas of the site as needed.
The ideal candidate in this position has a minimum of 5 years experience in content programming for the Web and strong relationships with a network of freelance writers, stylists and industry experts. The candidate should have a broad knowledge of topical interests in women’s magazines.
Exceptional writing/editing, communication and research skills are essential, as are self-motivation and the ability to meet tight deadlines. Basic knowledge of common Web production technologies is a must, including html basics, SEO, social programming and networks and Photoshop. Direct experience with Web content management systems is a plus.
For submissions: apply via Hearst Magazines' career site here