Internet Brands, Inc. is seeking an in-house Associate Editor to contribute to the growth of our gardening sites by ensuring that every article we publish meets the highest editorial standards and grows our readership. This will be achieved in many ways, from brainstorming new topics to cover, and working with writers to sharpen their skills, to editing incoming articles for accuracy and style, creating newsletters that speak to a green thumbed audience, and a host of other projects aimed at providing the best quality gardening content to our readers.
Our sites cover a wide range of topics, such as garden design, equipment and tools, pest control, lawn care, soil issues, and specific care instructions for all types of plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, and herbs, just to name a few. This means that our Associate Editor will need to be agile enough to cover many different areas effectively, and work with all types of gardening subject matter.
• Ability to edit gardening content for accuracy, credibility, and style.
• Superior copy editing skills: grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
• Experience in the gardening space preferred. Must be familiar with gardening best practices and terminology.
• Organized and agile, with the ability to juggle many projects at once and always deliver a superior product on time and on budget.
• Strong research and fact checking skills.
• Attention to detail and the desire to help provide accurate and helpful gardening information to the online audience.
This is an in-house, part-time position working 27-34 hours a week in our El Segundo office.
Please submit resumes to: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=2&rid=659
Check us out! www.internetbrands.com
ABOUT US: Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands (www.internetbrands.com) is a new media company that operates online media, community, and e-commerce websites in vertical markets. The company also develops and licenses Internet software and social media applications. In its Consumer Internet Division, Internet Brands owns and operates more than 200 principal websites in seven categories. The company currently attracts, on average, more than 80 million unique visitors per month viewing 715 million pages, with 97% of the network's audience originating from organic, non-paid sources.
For submissions: apply here