29 March 2012

Freelance Writers Wanted for Rachael Women's Magazine (rate: $20 per article)

Post date: 29 March 2012
I am interested in collecting freelance articles for an online women's magazine I am getting ready to launch. Currently the magazine site is about to be designed and am looking to launch in late April or May. Please submit an email to rachaelmagazine@yahoo.com that includes your suggested topic, a resume, and a writing sample. If you topic seems to fit in with the magazine I will get back to you with a contract. Please see below for an overview of the magazine and topics that will be covered. I am currently paying just $20 an article as I am funding this on my own right now and it is a start-up.

The magazine will be called Rachael. It will be run under an LLC - Rachael Magazine LLC. The magazine is targeted towards urban professional women in their 20s and 30s that want it all. Topics to be covered include relationships, career, personal finance, fashion, beauty, giving back/charity/volunteer work, health, fitness, entertainment (music, movies, books), travel. If you have a topic that you think would be interesting but might not fit into one of these you can submit it as I will have a broader features section that will capture those type of articles. The articles for the first month are pretty much set, so your article topic if chosen will appear in a following issue. However, the first month may be in need of some more articles in the Charity/Volunteer section.

To check out more about myself and what I am working on you can check out my personal blogs at:

Compensation: $20/article

CONTACT INFORMATION:

For inquiries: rachaelmagazine@yahoo.com

For submissions: rachaelmagazine@yahoo.com
This blog is no longer updated. Please instead visit Writers For Diversity for new opportunities for women/ LGBT writers and writers of color. Thank you.